SUSTAINABLE DESIGN ASSESSMENT
We are so excited to offer this brand-new Sustainable Design Assessment service for our clients in Victoria, as a demonstration of our commitment to bringing our clients the most effective and intuitive solutions.
Our Sustainable Design Assessment service is a streamlined sustainability assessment, that assesses the sustainability of a proposed building. Demonstrating best practice in Environmentally Sustainable Design, this service is utilized at the project planning stage of planned medium developments.
The SeedHaus™ approach to Sustainable Design Assessment
As with everything we do at SeedHaus™, the SDA Assessment service is multi-faceted and integrates with other assessments such as the Built Environment Sustainability Scorecard and Melbourne Storm Rating tool. Through demonstrating the project targets and how it meets a range of sustainability objectives when submitting a planning application, the Sustainable Design Assessment tool sets your project up for success.
The Sustainable Design Assessment categories
This service, available for projects Victoria-wide, supports your planning application through demonstrating how the project addresses 10 key sustainable design categories, spanning a range of objectives. These categories are:
- indoor environment quality
- energy efficiency
- water efficiency
- stormwater management
- building materials
- waste management
- urban ecology
- construction and building management
What we need from you for the SDA Assessment
In order to complete this comprehensive assessment, the skilled team of SeedHaus™ assessors take into account a number of ratings, together with the architectural drawings of your project. These factors all influence the final environmental impact of the planned project, meaning that we can provide an accurate and insightful assessment of the project before building has commenced.
Our team will need the following information about the project:
- a BESS report (or equivalent assessment)
- a STORM rating – this is a free online tool that assesses your application’s storm water management capabilities
- energy labelling – the anticipated minimum energy efficiency rating of the project’s major appliances including the heating, cooling and hot water systems
- WELS ratings – the anticipated minimum water efficiency rating of taps and fittings
- information on the anticipated light fittings, and
- details of any applicable on-site renewable energy devices.
Our experienced team is solutions-focused, advising on strategic opportunities rather than simply identifying problems. This means that if you are missing any of the items on the above list, or haven’t had the relevant assessments carried out yet, we can assist. After all, SeedHaus™ is your project’s best sustainability partner.